Refurbishing a credenza: Part 2

image

Finally turned this guy upside down and pulled out the dividers.  That’s when I figured out what manufacturer made this sideboard. This also helps me figure out how to best treat the wood as the finish stain I bought was walnut, anf this is probably rosewood and teak, combo of solid wood and veneers.
image

image

I lightly sanded every surface so minor scratches are now gone.  Edges of veneer seem to flake off, so I tried to be careful.
image

Unfortunately, I need to find a little replacement magnet closure for the door.
image

Anyone have one?  This is a UK based furniture piece, so maybe some out there can help me. 🙂
image

So remember the piece I broke off to reglue?
image

Well, I found a wood putty that was fairly close in tone.. then my husband said I should’ve bought a wood color pencil to color the putty vs staining the whole base.

Brilliant!  But since I’m lazy, I just pulled out an assortment of prismacolor pencils and markers.. I drew in grain with multiple pencils, used tung oil on top, then touched it up again. 
image

I screwed the knobs back into the doors. One coat of tung oil done.  I placed the clamp back onto the side where I glued a wood split so it can cure overnight.  A few more coats of oil and I’ll be really happy! 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s