Oh! It’s almost lunch time. Here I was, fussing around with homemade granola this morning. Since I’m always triple-sourcing my recipes (comparing a minimum of three before committing to cook), I’ve been a bit busy.
I often ruin a whole batch of new baking experiments, so I actually try a few different options in hopes that one will turn out edible. This helps me because;
1. I’m not good at following directions.
2. I almost never have the “main” ingredient
3. My eye and intuition are more spot on than measuring cups. 😉 (wrong)
4. Substitutions. I try to make due with something “similar”
5. See #1 at least 8 more times through each cooking instruction.
Peanut butter has oil in it. Oil makes things sticky. I made black sesame and almond paste because I didn’t have any peanut butter. It was NOT a substitute for peanut butter.
I need to eat lunch before I go further..
Kimchi fried rice with curried chickpeas.
By the way.. I’m riding to my acupuncturist right now. She had an opening and I need to take it! all my good riding clothes are in the wash 😦
My winter 3/4 bib in 70 degree weather? yuck ;(. okay, at least I have a sleeveless jersey. I’m sorry for wearing a sleeveless!! (you know who you are 😉
Thankfully, this is all I need to change into.